Tuesday, September 29, 2009

PayPal's convenient, yet germaphobically horrifying vision of the future.

San Francisco ad shop EVB made this video for their client PayPal. Give it a good watch for me and then continue on to my craziness below.



1. Yes. You guys rock.
2. Touchscreens everywhere = serious OCD germaphobia madness. I already use hand sanitizer after looking at the 38 Geary. Movie posters that have probably been pissed on are not going to be my preferred point of sale.
3. Good luck getting this concept in practice before anyone else. No I mean it. It's probably the only thing that will save PayPal.
4. A more practical but less cool-looking scenario would be an augmented reality program for existing devices with ad and product recognition. Paypal could partner with advertisers to put an AR marker - or just a bar code - on any physical ad, menu, or even the product itself for an instant online mobile purchase. "OMG I love your shoes! Can I scan them???" Also, fewer germs.


Thanks to EVB for getting my thinker thinkifying.

1 comment:

  1. And speaking of shoes, your phone should know the exact dimensions of your feet and shoe makers should provide exact dimensions of their shoes, so that you order the perfect fit every time.

    ReplyDelete